TRFC U16's 2019/20 Season - New Players Welcome
Welcome to the Teddington U16 page for the 2019/20 season. We welcome any new players, no experience necessary who are in school year 11, born between 1/9/2003 - 31/8/2004. This season we are running with 1 team and playing in the 2nd Division of the Herts Middlesex League.
When and where we train:
U16s play every Sunday from 12.00-2.00pm, although the timing can vary depending on fixtures etc. We play / train at 2 locations:
Bushy Park, behind the National Physical Laboratory Parking is available in the Clapperstile car park that is on the NPL site, accessed off Queens Road – just follow the signs.
Sports ground on Udney Park Road, Teddington is the location for all mid-week training and some Sunday rugby. Midweek training is on Wednesdays from 6pm to 7:30pm.
Teddington RFC is proud of its long minis rugby heritage, developing boys and girls to learn the game at their own pace, and making sure they have plenty of fun while playing. We have a commitment to good fun and good rugby provided in a friendly, family orientated environment. The hallmark of the club is its inclusiveness and its warm, welcoming, and friendly family atmosphere.
Our aim simply in the minis is to give the players “the best two hours of their week through rugby.” “We also develop freethinking rugby players who can make the right decision at the right time in the majority of instances.”
• We put children at the heart of everything they do and the decisions they make
• We encourage fun on the pitch through realistic expectations of your children
• We develop children’s character as players and as people and challenge any behaviour that conflicts with this
• We build the skills of our adults to provide a safe, healthy and respectful environment for our children
• We champion rugby’s core values and a life-long bond between children, adults, and sport.
• We are a community club run for and by volunteers.
What you need to bring:
Players need to bring mouthguards and boots (studs should be rounded, and not have edges).All balls, bibs, tackle bags and other equipment necessary for playing the club provides. Club shirts / shorts / socks can be purchased online or via the club shop.
U16 Management Team :
Head coach Matt Searle has been coaching the team for the last two seasons and has been a revelation. Matt and his assistant provide excellent coaching.
Team managers, First Aiders are all parents and volunteers - Every age group has its own coaching structure with a Head Coach, leading a team of Coaches, first aiders & team managers. Most of our role holders will have a child in the team whilst many draw experience from having played the game, there are those who are new to rugby but want to get involved in some capacity. Volunteers are always encouraged & welcomed, with coaches supported through a variety of courses run by the club and RFU. All coaches, team managers, and first aiders are DBS checked. The club arranges First aid courses for First Aiders. All courses are paid for by the club.
To join the club you will need to register on our website and pay online. The subscription costs for the full year are based on the eldest child first. Junior Family Membership £165
• Over 30 weeks of rugby coaching & playing, Sundays + Thursday
• Post match food for players
• RFU player insurance
• Club wide ballot for England Home International tickets
• Clubhouse hire at discounted rates (VAT exempt)
• Discounted Harlequins Big Game tickets and other offers from Quins throughout the year
• Club funded RFU courses coaching courses (approx £120 per course)
• Club funded First Aid courses (approx. £90 per course)
Facebook page: facebook.com/teddingtonrfc
If you require any further information please feel free to get in touch.
Head Coach: Matt SEARLE
Team Manager: Tim DAVIES
Fixture Secretary: Jonathan BURSON