The successful applicant will instil a high quality and enjoyable culture within the section and set clear goals that will contribute to the growth and development of players.
About the club:
Teddington ladies are currently celebrating their 30th anniversary year and have much to shout about. With the 1st XV competing in Championship South West 2, the ladies finished this season strongly, just outside the top four and have high ambitions in the season ahead.
The ladies, working closely with St Mary’s University, also entered a second team in the RFU’s Merit League this season; competing two full set of league fixtures for the first time ever.
Our squad includes a core of some very talented players with strong experience, alongside youngsters taking their first steps into senior rugby and increasing number of adult returners to the game. We have huge support from the club as a whole and train every Tuesday and Thursday.
The Head Coach will work closely with the Team Captains and Team Managers and will work with assistant coaches to design and deliver training sessions.
They will be in regular communication with the women’s Director of Rugby and Chairperson.
Applicants for this role should ideally have the following attributes;
• Hold, or be working towards, Level 2 Rugby Union Coaching Qualification
• Playing and coaching experience at a suitable level previously
• Have excellent leadership and communication skills, with the ability to engage and motivate at all levels
• Be hardworking, honest, trustworthy and able to buy into and positively shape the culture and ethos at the club
• Experience of coaching women
Updated 13:47 - 31 Mar 2017 by Sarah Edwards
Around 2-6 hours per week
• Made up of attendance of minimum 1 training sessions per week and a weekend fixture every other weekend
• The Club will support personal development including coaching qualifications where appropriate
• The Head Coach will work to develop individual development plans for all players
• The Head Coach will work with an assistant coach
• Travel expenses to away games are covered
• There is payment associated with this role
How to apply
If you’re interested, drop a line with your coaching experience and details to email@example.com